How Boards Can Avoid Discrimination Claims
Free Seminar Series
Learn how Co-op, Condo and HOA Boards Can Avoid Discrimination Claims (satisfies Westchester County, Fair Housing Training Requirements for Co-op Board Members)
Topics of discussion will include:
- Federal, NY State, and local housing and discrimination laws (including Westchester and NYC) and their respective administrative agencies.
- Protected Classes.
- Definitions of Disability/Handicap; Source of Income; Gender/Sex, Gender Identity.
- Design and Construction Considerations (including reasonable accommodations and ramps).
- Emotional Support Animals and Parking Spaces.
- Potential Penalties for Violations.
Board Meetings and Business Conducted Via Conference Call and Email
LLG Blog, Article, April 14, 2020
Subscribe To Our Video Blog and Newsletter
Get the LLG Real Estate Video Podcast and Quarterly Newsletter delivered to your inbox.